Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Voice of a Child

 

With everything going on in the world right now it easy to get discouraged. Music can heal broken hearts. I have experienced it time and time again. My little girl has an incredible passion for music. When she was just 4 years old, she told me that "Music moves her soul." In Kindergarten she was given the award for "Future Broadway Star" I had no idea she was singing to all the kids in her class.  I must say I didn't really take her love of music that serious. I thought she was like every other young girl wanting to be the next Taylor Swift. I also thought that because she has been to many of my shows she was just reenacting what she saw. I think its really important that as a Mother I encourage my children to find their own path. It just so happens that music is her path too. It wasn't until I received an email from her first grade Teacher telling me she (My Daughter) was spending most of her recess time writing and singing songs to the kids. It was then that I realized this was her "Thing." Every time she performs and Sings she lights up. It brings a smile to my face.

 

 You can watch her performing Jingle Bell Rock

HERE 


No comments: