Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sweet Imperfection


















As many of you may know I have started working on my first inspirational album. Typically before heading to the studio I will have the music learned and the song prepared vocally how I want it. Things were no different this time around. I get to the studio, start singing, and quickly realize that there was something missing from the song..... EMOTION!!!!! I decided to take a little break. I went in the bathroom knelt down and asked that the spirit of the song could be heard and felt through my voice. I went back in the little room, put the headphones on, and started to sing. I was overcome with emotion. By the second chorus tears were streaming down my face. I am not sure how I made it through the song.



God knows us, loves us, and is in the details of our lives. Needless to say I left the studio that day with a vocally imperfect song, and i could NOT be happier. There is an authenticity that just cant be replaced. It's my hope that you who listen will feel the emotion and Spirit I felt while recording this song. I truly sang from the depths of my soul!

1 comment:

Christi said...

When will your album be available and where can I buy it?