Friday, November 20, 2009

I HEART SEQUIN!

Growing up on stage, my Mother always said: "You  need a little sparkle!" It's true. A skirt, some earrings and a few bracelets, with a little sparkle can make all the difference. I remember my Mom staying up late (Many times) to glue sequins on my performance costumes. This was long before the Bedazzler! Most times, the clothing I wore was made for me by the show I was asked to sing for. As a little girl, I thought it was so cool to get out of school for a fitting.




Here is the problem with loving anything that Bedazzles. You need to know when it is appropriate to wear such beautiful, shinning bright clothing.



1. It is NOT appropriate to wear sequin to Target while shopping with the children. (However, anything goes in Wal-mart)

2. Wearing Sequin to a fabulous party is great! (Christmas parties are perfect)

3. An all sequin dress should NOT be worn to church.

4. No sequin clothing on your Dog. Please!

5. Limit your Shine! A sequin dress, with sequin shoes and a sequin purse. This will make those around you temporarily unable to see.

6. Remember to enjoy your bedazzled clothing!!! Have fun and shine on (:


  

2 comments:

stacy h. said...

SO funny you should mention this! jodee and i were talking about sequins last night! she ordered a fabulous sequin jacket from urban outfitters...sold out now, i tried to get one last night. bummer. and j crew has a sequin skirt i am dying over and think i will order for my bday. nothing more glam!!! :)

Jodi Lee Music said...

Stace- I looked at the sequin jacket from urban outfitters. It's a beaut!!! So sad it's sold out ):